• The new car park includes accessible parking, as well as CCTV and lighting for increased security
• The station’s existing car park was also upgraded to include a drop-off zone, taxi rank and new bus interchange, which will come into use after an upgrade to Springs Road is completed in the coming months
• The upgrade will make it easier for passengers to park and catch the train, and improve access for cars, buses and pedestrians
• Crews have been working under modified conditions in recent weeks to complete construction on the station’s new car park, with non-essential staff working remotely and work groups on site reduced to a maximum of two people
• The car park works took more than 170 workers close to 12,000 hours to complete.
The Donnybrook Station upgrade also included an extension to the city-bound platform, allowing passengers to access all train doors and eliminating a source of delays for Seymour Line services.
Jump on board to see the changes for yourself, or check out this video